Saturday, February 20, 2010

Voltaire's Three Evils & Why I'm Not Blogging Today!

Obviously, to say you're not blogging in a blog post is a bit of an untruth . . . what I mean is that I don't have time to blog 'properly' or time for anything this weekend! So, what's this have to do with Voltaire? This quote explains my week and weekend:

Work banishes those three great evils, boredom, vice, and poverty. ~ Voltaire

I love this quote and try to think of it when I'm feeling overwhelmed with work (which, as we all know, does not have to be in the '9 to 5' category to eat up your time and your good humor!). I'll be back in blogland in a day or so.

Hope your weekend is filled with the opposite of boredom, vice, and poverty (after all, it is the Best of All Possible Worlds)!

1 comment:

  1. I have spent the entire weekend working and I would like to tell Voltaire that work also banishes those three great thrills, fun, recreation, and socializing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails