Saturday, October 3, 2009

"And the boss don't mind sometimes if you act a fool"

Did you recognize that line? It's from Rose Royce's sing-along disco hit 'Car Wash'. It's really funny how songs can stay with us for years and just hearing a single line can bring to mind the song. Of course, many old songs are remade and remixed decades later. (Do you like Christine Aguilera's Car Wash remake? It never hit the Top 40 in the US while the original hit the Number One spot. Maybe the thought of not getting rich or meeting an Indian chief wasn't as appealing in 2004?)


Hearing 'Car Wash' on the radio a few days ago inspired this little music quiz. From the snippet of lyrics provided below, can you name the tune?




  1. Oh the shark has pretty teeth dear, and he shows them pearly white

  2. Love is a temple, love is a higher law

  3. Summer fling, don't mean a thing, bu-ut, oh . . .

  4. Yeah, they were dancin' and singin' and movin' to the groovin'

  5. How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat. Some dance to remember, some dance to forget.

  6. But when you're walking down the street, and you ain't had enough to eat, the glitter rubs right off and you're nowhere

  7. I bet there's rich folks eatin' in a fancy dining car

  8. I laughed at all of your jokes, my love you didn't need to coax

  9. And I got a song to sing, all over this land

  10. When I come home feelin' tired and beat, I go up where the air is fresh and sweet

I hope you enjoyed this little walk through pop music history. Come back Monday for the answers or drop me a line or comment about your favorite music memory. Gotta run, it's a beautiful day and I have a sudden urge to wash my car . . . "work, and work, keep those rags and machines hummin' . . . "

The Song Tree graphic was provided by Dry Icons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails